Logo Logo Logo


The Educational Centre "Kloster Banz" was founded in 1069 as a Benedictinean monastery. During the past centuries it was rebuilt and extended by Johann Dientzenhofer and Balthasar Neumann to become up to the nineteenth century one of the biggest monasteries in Bavaria.

It is located in the northern part of Bavaria on a hill overlooking the small town Bad Staffelstein, close to Bamberg. It is easy to reach by public transportation.